Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bears vs. Packers

6a00d83451fe4669e20148c77ef77c970c-popup.jpg

Everyone knows that this Sunday decides the who will dance in Dallas at the Superbowl.  I'm sure by now that you know that the Bears and Packers are competing for the NFC representation in Dallas.  And I'm sure you heard that this is the first time these two storied rivals met in the postseason since 1941.  Here is America's Midwest, the hype is real and the hype is huge.  I grew up a lifelong Bears fan and I seen several games between these two teams.  Some were close, others were blowouts courtesy of Brett Favre and others the Bears defense smacked the Pack around.  

It's surreal that this is going to be the biggest meeting between the two.  A trip to the Superbowl is on the line, and both teams are on top of their game.  The Bears have the advantage at home, and the turf has been much concern during the week.  Jay Cutler got his playoff jitters out of the way with 4 total touchdowns vs Seattle.  Aaron Rodgers has orchestrated a couple of huge road wins to get to this point, so being away from Wisconsin doesn't concern them.  You can throw out stats, previous games, odds, the spread, none of it's going to matter.  Both teams are bringing their top game.  I can tell you that the execs at Fox are having a wet dream right now with this match up.  It's going to pull in huge numbers.  I'm getting more and more anxious as Sunday gets closer.  I can't tell you who's going to win, but I'm fairly sure that it's going to be a close game.

1 comment:

  1. I'm stoked. It's either going to be euphoria, or a huge bummer that I won't be able to recover from for at least until baseball season starts.

    ReplyDelete